Doing a yum update on C6.8 ……………..
: yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, protectbase Setting up Update Process Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: CentOS.datente.com
* epel: mirrors.n-ix.net
* extras: mirror.softaculous.com
* updates: CentOS.datente.com base | 3.7 kB 00:00
base/primary_db | 4.7 MB 00:00
cr | 3.3 kB 00:00
cr/primary_db | 1.2 kB 00:00
epel | 4.3 kB 00:00
epel/primary_db | 5.8 MB 00:00
extras | 3.4 kB 00:00
extras/primary_db | 36 kB 00:00
mariadb | 2.9 kB 00:00
14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found”
Trying other mirror. To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article
If above article doesn’t help to resolve this issue please open a ticket with Red Hat Support.
The Red Hat explanation is blocked. All one can read is
” This issue generally occurs if client system is able to commun… Subscriber exclusive content”
(1) Should the Red Hat link be replaced by a CentOS one ?
(2) Why am I seeing a ‘SCL’ URL when I have not subscribed to Software Collections ?
(3) I did not get the error when updating other C6 installations around Europe, probably because they used different sources, so is the error caused by a faulty mirror file ?
Despite the error, I successfully installed
acpid x86_64 1.0.10-3.el6 base 37 k CentOS-release x86_64 6-8.el6.CentOS.12.3 base 21 k findutils x86_64 1:4.4.2-9.el6 base 447 k logwatch noarch 7.3.6-54.el6 base 303 k pango x86_64 1.28.1-11.el6 base 351 k passwd x86_64 0.77-7.el6 base 89 k wget x86_64 1.12-8.el6 base 484 k
Comments and advice welcome and appreciated, as always.