I recently installed mariadb-server 10.1 by adding the following repository:
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.1/CentOS7-amd64
…all was well until we had a power failure and upon rebooting unixodbc was segfaulting. Once I did a yum undo, the mysql odbc driver was functional.
I traced it to the following:
[root@ec-ast yum.repos.d]# ldd /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so | grep -iE
libmysqlclient.so.18 => /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@ec-ast yum.repos.d]# repoquery -l MariaDB-server MariaDB-client MariaDB-commo MariaDB-shared galera boost-program-options jemalloc rsync lsof | grep lib64 | grep libmysqlclient
…notice the change in the path (/usr/lib64/mysql/).
I could reinstall mariadb-server, add a symlink and it would probably work, but I thought it would be better to post and hopefully the maintainer of whichever package (unixodbc, maria, mysql-connector…) should be addressed, could be alerted to this issue in the event that it could (or should) be fixed on a package level.