I’m having a very weird problem with CentOS as a VirtualBox guest. Let me explain it step by step.
tl;dr: I can install VirtualBox Guest Additions and configure a fullscreen 1280×1024 graphical resolution on a full install, but not on a reduced install with a lightweight window manager.
Here’s what I did.
1. Install vanilla CentOS 7 with KDE.
2. Boot to reduced 1024×768 resolution.
3. Install gcc, make and kernel-devel.
4. Build VirtualBox Guest Additions.
5. Reboot to full 1280×1024 resolution. ==> perfect
On a vanilla desktop installation, this works perfectly. Now here’s my second attempt.
1. Install minimal CentOS 7.
2. Install X11: yum groupinstall “X Window System”
3. Install WindowMaker from Nux repo.
4. Launch WindowMaker (startx) to reduced 1024×768 resolution.
5. Install gcc, make and kernel-devel.
6. Build VirtualBox Guest Additions.
7. Reboot and still have a reduced 1024×768 resolution. ==> meh
I made another attempt with Xfce instead of WindowMaker (yum autoremove WindowMaker && yum groupinstall Xfce), but with the same result.
Any idea what’s going on here?
Microlinux – Solutions informatiques durables
7, place de l’église – 30730 Montpezat Web : http://www.microlinux.fr Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32