Thanks to all offers free service to provide CentOS.
Why? After I had the BIOS for the laptop T440 & docking station had I
had immediately after the first installation works, without any failures.
Since I know how hard such a work is, I thank everyone in the community to make that possible.
Without a stable base I can not perform my Linux tests.
Since I often have the time micht Rolling releases like ArchLinux or every half year, I know at the latest after a year, a Fedora update to perform is CentOS exactly the correct. I do not need the GUI support as in OpenSuSE, because who comes times from the shell knows what I mean.
Most cluster nodes in my work are computing machines with an average run time of 220 days, usually over a year before they need a reboot. When I
think about my virtual Windows 10, which every week requires a restart.
I had already more than 30 distros active in my hands, but none read so easily. Of course you can always improve something here and there and yet it comes on a good basis.
Furthermore, I find the handling of rpm easily understandable.
Small supplement to my repo:
– I provide the packages of my work
– They are not signed because I do not see you directly as an additional repository for everyone, rather than as an exponential fundus.
– Each external repostory changes the basic system.
– new dependencies to the packages.
– Users also indirectly depend on it.
– Repositories in the past have already led to a new split of the basis. Best example: Debian -> Ubuntu -> Linux Mint. I don’t like that point at all.
– The holder is bound, in a certain way, to the care and demand of the Community. – I definitely miss the time.
All in all … thanks to everyone