Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
As pre-announced earlier this year
we’ll have to move a part of our existing hardware to a new DC. That means that the following public services will be powered off and unreachable :
– https://cbs.CentOS.org (Koji build farm front end and also builders/storage nodes behind)
– https://accounts.CentOS.org (auth backend)
– https://ci.CentOS.org (jenkins-driven CI environment and all nodes in that dedicated/isolated environment)
What does that mean ?
– Nobody from the SIGs (https://wiki.CentOS.org/SpecialInterestGroup)
will be able to submit build jobs/tasks (so no update at all during that migration)
– No CI job will be able to track CBS nor external repositories (and so that means also that http://artifacts.ci.CentOS.org will be unreachable)
– Not possible for existing users to update their details on accounts.CentOS.org, and not possible to create new accounts either
We’re working on a plan to minimize the downtime/reconfiguration part, but at first sight, due to the hardware move of the racks/cabling parts/etc, the announced downtime will be probably ~48h.
Migration is scheduled for “”””Monday October 10th, 1:00 pm UTC time””””. You can convert to local time with $(date -d ‘2016-10-10 13:00 UTC’)
We’ll start to restore services as soon as possible, while working in coordination with the DC people closely (and after validation about network ports, connection)
During this period you can come talk to us in #CentOS-devel and we will be posting updates there.
on behalf of the Infra team,